Agriculture, food, and natural resources workers produce agricultural goods. This includes food, plants, animals, fabrics, wood, and crops. You might work on a farm, ranch, dairy, orchard, greenhouse, or plant nursery. You could also work in a clinic or laboratory as a scientist or engineer.
Some agriculture, food, and natural resources workers market, sell, or finance agricultural goods. For example, you might market products made from plants and animals. Or, you might sell services that farmers and ranchers use to improve products. You could also work to conserve natural resources or protect the environment.
Popular Agriculture, Food & Natural Resources Career Options
Hobbies & Activities related to these industries:
- Future Farmers of America (FFA)
- Junior Achievement
- Business Professionals of America (BPA)
- Start a recycling project.
- Raise flowers and vegetables to sell at a farmers’ market.
- Volunteer at a local animal shelter.
- Work on a farm or ranch.
- Job shadow at a greenhouse.
Source: Minnesota CAREERwise
Ag, Food & Natural Resources Resources
▪ Ag, Food & Natural Resources careers
▪ Industries in Ag, Food & Natural Resources
▪ Majors in Ag, Food & Natural Resources
▪ Military options in Ag, Food & Natural Resources
Language Enhances Every Career
Overview of Ag, Food & Natural Resources Industry (Nebraska Career Clusters)