Would you like to get paid to design, build or sell the things people use everyday?
Architects, engineers and construction workers work on buildings and other structures. This includes highways, bridges, houses, and other buildings. You might create the designs or plans for new structures. Or, you might use the plans to build it or manage the workers on the project.
Real estate agents/brokers are the ones who can list and sell those houses, commercial buildings or even the land needed to start. They work with current or future homeowners, investors, and businesses.
Some architecture and construction workers do skilled trades, like carpentry, painting, or plumbing. For example, you might do all of the electrical work for a renovated office space. Or, you might work as a landscaper and take care of flowers and trees on large properties.
Engineers can focus on numerous areas such as public infrastructure, mechanical systems, electrical systems, chemicals, environment, and even aerospace.
Popular Construction & Trade Career Options
Hobbies & Activities related to this industry:
- Future Farmers of America (FFA)
- Math Club
- Math Counts
- Skills USA
- Start a lawn mowing service.
- Do repair and home improvement projects.
- Job shadow at an architecture or home design firm.
- Volunteer to care for flowers at a park or community center
Source: Minnesota CAREERwise
• Construction/Trades careers
• Industries in Construction/Trades
• Majors in Construction/Trades
• Military options in Construction/Trades
▪ Marketing careers
▪ Industries in Marketing
▪ Majors in Marketing
▪ Military options in Marketing
MMBA Construction Contest (2019)
Tools for Schools
• Tools for Schools: Crosby-Ironton (Lakeland PBS)
• Tools for Schools: Pine River-Backus (Lakeland PBS)
• Tools for Schools: Pequot Lakes (Lakeland PBS)
Language Enhances Every Career
Careers Overview (National Assoc of Home Builders)
Bridge Plaza: Construction Management (Widseth)
Overview of Architect/Construction Industry (Nebraska Career Clusters)
Project Build MN