Would you like to get paid to help others learn new things? Do you care about people and want to help in some way?
Education and training workers guide and train people. As a teacher, you could influence young lives. You could also support the work of a classroom teacher as a counselor, librarian, or principal. You could coach sports activities or lead community classes.
You could also work with adults. For example, you could lead training to employees in a business. Or you could work as a university or college professor for undergraduate or graduate students.
Human services workers help individual and families meet their personal needs. You might work in a government office, hospital, nonprofit agency, nursing home, spa, hotel, or school. Or, you might work in your own home.
For example, you might help students with career and education choices at a high school, cut and color hair in a salon, or manage funeral services at a funeral home.
Popular Education & Human Services Careers
Hobbies & Activities related to these industries:
- Business Professionals of America (BPA)
- Future Teachers of America (FTA)
- Coach a sports team.
- Work as a library aid.
- Teach a community education class.
- Tutor a family member or neighbor.
- Coach a local sports team.
- Volunteer at a literacy program.
- Work as a teacher assistant in an elementary or high school.
- Become a part of organizations such as Teammates or Big Brothers/Big Sisters.
- Family, Career, and Community Leaders of America (FCCLA)
- Volunteer in a soup kitchen or food shelf.
- Visit people who are homebound.
- Provide child care.
- Coordinate a school wide food and/or clothing drive.
- Volunteer in a hospital or nursing home.
- Intern at a nonprofit agency.
- Learn a world language and study foreign cultures.
- Work as a peer counselor or camp counselor.
Language Enhances Every Career
Overview of Education Industry (Nebraska Career Clusters)