A Virtual Career Exploration Experience
Created by the Bridges, in partnership with Brainerd Lakes Chamber and Central Lakes College
This fun website showcases local industries and careers through engaging simulations and activities, videos, photos, and relevant career information.
How to Play?
To learn how to navigate throughout this career exploration experience website, watch the short video on this page or simply follow these directions/steps:
- Use The Game of Careers GAME CARD to guide your career exploration process.
- The Game Card is a PDF. You may print it out and complete it on paper, or fill it in electronically.
- If you turn in your completed game card by April 1, you will be entered into a prize drawing.
- This is what the Game Card looks like –>
- Click on ‘Career Board’ to see the types of industries to explore in our communities.
- Click on any industry name to learn more about that industry.
- On the industry page, click on any ‘career card’ to learn more about that career.
- Visit the “Career Help” page to identify your skills and interests, if needed.
- As you play this game, you will also earn digital “badges” — they will appear in the top right corner of the pages. After you earn four badges, you’ll be offered a link to complete a survey. All students that complete the survey will be entered into a prize drawing
Career Skills Activities to Explore
In addition to the content about skills, wages and educational experience needed for various careers, explore these other activities:
- Explore 360-degree photos of the interiors of local businesses to learn more about their machines or job opportunities.
- Play a simulation, lab or game that involves some of the skills needed for that career.
- Watch a Bridges video featuring local businesses and professionals — many of which are graduates from YOUR high school!
- Learn from regional business professionals and post-secondary partners through their answers to common questions — access this through the Ask a Professional button.
Find many of these Career Skills Activities on the RIGHT side of any career page.