Business, management, marketing, personnel, and administrative workers give the support needed to make a business run. You might check employee time records or train new employees. Or, you might work as a top executive and provide the overall direction for a company or department.
Finance workers keep track of money. You might work in financial planning, banking, accounting, or insurance. For example, you might provide financial services to a business or individual. Or, you could maintain financial records or give advice to business executives on how to operate their business.
Marketing workers help businesses sell products. You might advertise and promote products so customers want to buy them. Or, you might sell products and services to customers.
Popular Business, Finance & Marketing Careers
Real Estate Agent
Hobbies & Activities related to these industries:
- DECA (Marketing association)
- Business Professionals of America (BPA)
- Junior Achievement
- Student Council
- Boy or Girl Scouts
- Lead a volunteer community group.
- Get elected as a class officer.
- Captain a sports team.
- Help manage a fundraiser.
- Join a committee to plan an event.
- Start a business.
- Read business newspapers, magazines, or blogs for current economic trends and business practices.
- Job shadow a local business person.
- Volunteer in the business office of a nonprofit agency or with the Chamber of Commerce.
Source: Minnesota CAREERwise
Marketing & Communications Resources
▪ Marketing & Communications careers
▪ Industries in Marketing & Communications
▪ Majors in Marketing & Communications
▪ Military options in Marketing & Communications
Language Enhances Every Career